Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The title of this blog...

When I started this blog I named it shekhinah falling. I first heard the word from a guy who floated in and out of our lifegroup for a very short season and I immediately fell in love with the word and then as I learned about it I fell even more in love with it. It is a word which means glory of the Lord or Spirit of the Lord. The Holy Spirit. The guy grew up penecostal and would talk about shekhinah falling or shekhinah glory in his church and speaking in tongues and people getting healed. And no matter what I think about that I do believe that when the spirit of the Lord comes into a person or a place things shift and the atmosphere changes. The thought of this makes me excited even though I have little or no experience with this. So I decided I was going to go on a Holy Spirit quest but then I was distracted by something shiny and I forgot, this was about a year and a half ago. Let me give you some background I was raised in a pretty conservative liturgical Episcopal church. I learned a lot about God and his character and the church and doctrine during that time. Then I went to college and got plugged into the Wesley Foundation and the Methodist church. Where I have spent roughly the last 10 year learning about Jesus and God and their character. Which brings me to today at Mercy Place. I am learning about the Holy Spirit. I feel like God has brought me here to teach me thing and stretch me in ways that I don't understand. I feel it deep in my gut and heart. Seasons are ending, winds are changing, the atmosphere in my life is shifting. I am being dealt with. It is time for Shekhinah Falling.

No comments: