Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My First and My Best

God deserves my first and my best. Period. He does not deserve my leftover, and my trash. Though that is often what he gets. He gets my leftover time, and money and energy. I had an experience this weekend that drove this home for me. Last week I ran at a crazy speed all week. Matt and I hardly saw each other. But we had a whole weekend free. We were going to have 48 hours of uninterrupted time together. By the time Friday came I was run down and sick. I was congested, feverish, and had a headache. I stayed this way for the next three days. Sick, sad, exhausted and demanding. I realized that this is how I often approach the throne of my Savior. Who like Matt is happy to have time with me any way he can get it, and who kindly nurses me back to health. But the fact is he deserves better. He deserves my first and my best. The rest of the world can have my leftover.

3 comments:

ascension day school said...

This blog is awesome...i love it! You are lovely and real, Rachel Clarke!!!!=)rb

Diana Latham said...

Yes, He is soooo gracious!!! Thanks for sharing what He is doing in your heart.

Jennifer Davis said...

i love that you are writing again. i treasure what you have to say. you are my favorite and my best and i love and miss you so much.

ruth